Intel wifi link 5100 cannot start Error code 10 (the device cannot start)

Help please! I have a HP Pavillion dv6-2005tx laptop. I have had this for the past 3 years. Recently I have had various connection issues, and now today, I came across an error where my wireless card will not start. I went to device manager and saw the Intel Wifi Link 5100 AGN with a troubleshooting triangle. I click it and get an Error code 10 (the device cannot start) I am running a windows 7 32 bit system. I have tried to update the driver, but it says I have the latest one. Please help!
Answer
Answer

Hi,

The Code 10 error code is generated when Device Manager has insufficient information or the error that is bubbled up by the device drivers is not recognized by Device Manager.

1.       Were there any recent changes made to the computer prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided and update us on the status of the issue.

Method 1: Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates in Windows-based computers: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104

Method 2: If the issue persists then try to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter drivers.

Follow these steps:

a.     Open Device Manager.

b.     Expand “Network adapters”.

c.     Right-click the connection and click “Uninstall”.

d.     Follow the on-screen instructions.

e.     Restart the computer, if prompted.

Drivers should get installed automatically after restarting the computer.

You may also download and install the latest version of network adapter drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Additional information: Wired and wireless network connection problems in Windows:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/wired-and-wireless-network-connection-problems-in-windows

For any Windows related issues please feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2023 Views 10,353 Applies to: