Q: proble with internet connection This thread is locked from future replies

I am having problems with my internet connection.  About a week ago, a message popped up saying i needed to clean the C drive and to click for help.  I clicked and it ran something and told me to uninstall programs i wasn't using.  I uninstalled things I did not think i was using but am afraid i may have uninstalled something imperative for making the connection.  we have internet service cause our other computers are working.  i may have deleted our internet connection but when i troubleshoot it asks me for info (i don't have) or for a disk.  I'm not sure how to create the connection again.

Hi Feuerhelm,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers community.

a. What information did the troubleshooting tool ask?
b. Are you getting any error messages while trying to access internet?

You may perform system restore and check if this helps.

System restore will take your computer to pervious state when it was not facing such problem, this can be done by selecting the proper restore point.  

To restore the operating system to an earlier point in time, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then click System Restore in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

2. In the System Restore dialog box, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.
3. In the list of restore points, click a restore point that was created before you began to experience the issue, and then click Next.
4. Click Finish.

For more information visit

Hope this information is helpful.
Let me know if this worked.
Thanks and Regards:
Umesh P - Microsoft Support

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 424 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: