Q: Internet connection lost on restart This thread is locked from future replies

Hi everybody!

I've just installed windows 7, after having windows XP installed for the last 8 years. Everything is more or less good, however I have an internet connectivity issue (which I did NOT have in windows XP - so can't blame modem/router for that).

Every time I would restart my computer (restart/shut down and turn back on - same thing) I would lose the connection to the internet. The network icon on the bottom right would have a Warning Sign on it. The way I have found to solve this is to unplug the network cable and plug it back in, which causes the connection to reappear correctly.

I have ASUS P5N32-E SLi motherboard and have installed the drivers that came with it after windows 7 installation, I have then updated the drivers to what was recommended by windows 7 in the update service - that is when the issue began I believe. 

Some help would be much appreciated with this, because this is extremely annoying and time consuming.

Hi pas0003,

What is the warning displayed at the network icon?

You may refer to the below link and check if the network troubleshooter lists the errors -

You may also refer to the below link and update your BIOS to the latest then check if the issue persists -

If the issue still persists you can also roll back your drivers to the previous version of installed driver software. Use the below mentioned link and perform the rollback for the driver and check if this resolves the issue-

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.
Meghmala – Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 746 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: