i have share a printer in windows xp then i printer a document in windows 7 machine show the errro windoews canot printe duo to problem with the current printer setup

i have share a printer in our workgroup network printer is attach in windows xp machine locally. Then i  printer out in windows 7 machine show the error (windows cannot print duo to a problem with the current printer setup.)

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community and we will be happy to help you with your concern.

As per the description, you get a error while printer sharing.

The issue may be resolved by changing a registry value.

Check the link mentioned below and see if it helps.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpronetworking/thread/e42e206d-5b11-4356-8493-0217eeb4fdfd/

Important:  This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)

Hope this information helps.    

Reply to us if you face any issues with Printer sharing or any other Windows Issue, and we would be glad to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

full update ur windows 7 computer   MY COMPUTER - RIGHT CLICK -WINDOWS UPDATE -CHECK NEW UPDATES.

after All update complete .pls restart ur computer

then try to connect ur  windows xp computer through network   \\computer name (xp computer) or \\ip address(xp computer)

or

open windows 7 computer go to control panel -select devices and printer ---- add printer  -----

select network printer----after seaching complete pls check ur xp computer printer shown in the list

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.