i cannot join or create a home group in windows 7 it says my pc and laptop cannot create one how do i doit i have followerd all articles i can find on microsoft wed site

i cannot join or create a home group in windows 7 it says my pc and laptop cannot create one how do i doit i have followerd all articles i can find on microsoft wed site
Answer
Answer

Hey borq queen,

Good to hear back from you. If, after performing all the steps below, you still are unable to create or join homegroup, I believe the issue is to do with IP/V6.

Check your adapter setting for IP/V6. Your network connection must have IPv6 enabled to create or join a homegroup. If it is disabled, follow the steps below to enable it.

1)        Right click on the network icon and select Open the Network and Sharing Center.

2)        In the resulting window, select Change adapter settings.

3)       In the Network Connections window, select the Local Area Connection for the onboard NIC , then Change settings of this connection or file>properties.

4)       In the connection property page, check the box for Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).

Close all the windows and reboot your system.

Try creating a HomeGroup.

You should be able to create one or join one after enabling IP/V6.

Regards,

Shinmila H - Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

14 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 25, 2019 Views 38,120 Applies to: