I cannot connect to my wireless network using WPA2-PSK

I am hoping for the solution and would also like to know the cause.

Timeline:  I have been connected to this exact same wireless network for years with no issues (before last week(.

Last Week:  A red X appeared and kicked me off my home network.

I then did everyfix I could find.  Deleted drivers, emptied caches, etc....   What worked was going back to a restore point from one week before.

My computer connected to the network great for a couple days.  Now it has started again.

Symptoms:
If I manually connect to my network I get the Red X.

If I delete it and try to connect to it, it says my password is wrong.

I am not changing anything with my network.  It is fine and has three macs connected to it.  This is a windows issue that should have a windows solution.

Help if you can.

Thanks

Hi,

You are facing issues with connecting to Internet using WPA2-PSK.

- Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and from the link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-networking-troubleshooters

Method 2: I would also suggest you to follow the steps from the link and check if it helps.

Wired and wireless network connection problems in Windows
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/wired-and-wireless-network-connection-problems-in-windows

For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/fix-network-adapter-problems

Method 3: If the issue persists, I would also suggest you to try creating a new wireless profile and check.

1. Open Connect to a Network by clicking the Start button , and then clickingConnect to.

A list of networks currently available is displayed.

2. Do one of the following:

• If the network that you want to create a profile for is in the list, click it, and then click Connect.

If you save the network after successfully connecting to it, a profile for the network is stored on your computer. The next time you open Connect to a Network, the network will be in the list of available networks, if it is in range of your computer.

• If the network that you want to create a profile for is not in the list and you think that it is in range of your computer, make sure that the wireless network adapter on your computer is enabled by doing the following:

1. Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , clickingControl Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections.

2. Right-click the network adapter, and then click Enable.

• If the network that you want to create a profile for is not in the list, click Set up a connection or network, click Manually connect to a wireless network, click Next, and then follow the instructions. If you save the network, a profile for the network will be created and stored on your computer. To select specific authentication and security settings, click Change connection settings.

Hope this information helps.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 20, 2023 Views 610 Applies to: