How to logout from network PC?

Hello there,

I have a Linux server running, with Samba file sharing. This way people can connect to the server from their windows PC's and see whatever they account allows them to see.

Thought now we also have a public PC from witch different people connect to the samba server.

The problem with this last one is, that different people should login with different accounts to see what they are allowed to see. But, windows remembers the credentials and logs on automatically without having the option to login with a different account.

I was wondering if it is possible in windows 7 (and if anyone knows, in windows XP too) how to logout from this samba server? I'm sure windows stores the login information somewhere, so removing that information would be enough to let windows popup for new login information, right?

Thank you very much!

Jeffrey

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2019 Views 14,536 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

The command

net use /persistent:no

prevents Windows from remembering past share connections . It is unrelated to Windows rememberingpasswords (although I suppose that if you do not make a connection then you won't know that there is a remembered password hanging around . . . ). Note also that the above commands must be preceded just once by the command

net use * /del /yes

If you have remembered connections then they will hang around forever unless you knock them out explicitly.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
"Remember My credentials" is selected by default. The quickest method to stop this is to run NET USE /PERSISTENT:NO at a command prompt. I have this in a logon batch file (with @Echo off for the first line) that runs each time a client logs onto the network. If a share requires a username/password, the client enters that information in the "black" box (command window).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.