How to disable WLAN Autoconfig for proper internet access?

This is in an attempt to finally fix these lag spikes inherent to the Vista/7 Autoconfig "feature". It is not the computer or router because Ubuntu (with no configuration) run on the same computer and network experiences absolutely zero problems. This is a software issue that I need instructions on how to fix, or an alternate software to use to eliminate this problem. Internet connection takes a very long time, and every minute or so everything slows down to a crawl, and even the most basic web pages will not load for another minute. I am getting fed up with this constant issue which no one who isn't running 7 around me is experiencing. Please provide a solution to this problem.

PS I had to wait over 2 minutes to submit this question after typing it, due to 7 doing its thing. No pages would load and online games become unplayable.

Question Info

Last updated June 3, 2020 Views 24,616 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

·         Why do you want to disable WLAN autoconfig service?

I would suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Using-the-Network-troubleshooter-in-Windows-7

You can also refer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Why-is-my-Internet-connection-so-slow

To disable the WLAN Autoconfig you can follow these steps:

a). Click on Start, type in "cmd" without the quotes, then right-click on cmd.exe which appears in your search.
b). Select run as administrator.
c). The WLAN service must be running first. If it isn't type net start wlansvc.
d). Type in netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="name of your wireless network here" (with the quotes).
d). If you need to see the name of your wireless network first, type in netsh wlan show settings.

It will disable the WLAN Autoconfig

I would also suggest you to update the network card driver from the manufacturers’ website and check if it helps.

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.