How to connect my Windows 7 PC to the Internet via Bluetooth on my Windows Mobile 6.1 phone?

I am having trouble connecting to the Internet on my laptop running Windows 7, over Bluetooth, connected to my mobile phone running Windows Mobile 6.1.

The phone is a Samsung Omnia GT-B7610 and can access the Internet via 3G.

I can pair up the phone with Windows 7 via Bluetooth without a problem, however I still cannot access the Internet on the PC.  The process I am using is:

- Pair up phone and PC by selecting Devices and Printers > Add a device, etc. etc.  The device is successfully added.
- Network and Sharing Center > Set up a new connection or network > Connect to the Internet > Set up a new connection anyway > Dial-up.  There is supposed to be a Bluetooth option on this screen but I don't have one.

When I do this:
Devices and Printers > right-click on paired Bluetooth Device > Properties > Services tab, I can only see Active Sync Bluetooth Service as the only service available.  Is this correct?

Also, I cannot get Windows Mobile Device Center to connect/sync to the phone via Bluetooth.

Any help is much appreciated!
Answer
Answer
Hi Kiti, thanks for the reply.  I did get this working a fair while ago, however I came across a program that makes it a whole lot easier: WMWifiRouter.  I highly recommend it!

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 22, 2020 Views 71,800 Applies to: