Windows 7 support has ended

Get Windows 10 to continue receiving support.

Upgrade now

Errorcode 0X80070035 "The network Path cannot be found"

"Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found" when trying to access any network shared drives. This problem occured yesterday on my laptop with OS windows 7 pro. I cannot access any shared folders, shared drives. I cannot access my own laptops shared folders. I can see the device on the network and can connect to my laptop and access files on my laptop from other pc's. I have checked all the services required and they are started, netbios over tcp/ip is enabled, network discovery is turned on, windows firewall is turned off and also tried disabling the antivirus on the laptop but none worked.

Also tried the system restore, which did not allow me to log back into the domain giving error " Trust relationship between this workstation and primary domain failed". So had to undo the system restore.

Need a solution. Someone please help!

Answer
Answer

Hi

What the Network's Topology is?

Are you on a Domain Network with AD and Windows server, or on a peer-to-peer Network configureed around Wireless cable DSL/Router.

If you are on a Domain configured network, you will be better off addressing it in the IT Pro Forums of TechNet.

My Moderator tools can Not transfer posts out of the Windows forums, please Re-post you question there.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpronetworking/threads?sort=firstpostdesc

Jack-MVP Windows Networking. WWW.EZLAN.NET
Jack MVP, Microsoft Windows Desktop Experience-Networking.

www.EZLAN.net

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 24, 2019 Views 3,395 Applies to: