Error 87 Remote Access Connection Manager Service

Hi, I am using a Windows 7 machine I am facing a problem to start the Remote Access Connection Manager service. I am trying to connect a USB Modem, which throws out the error stating Remote Access Connection Manager is not able to start. I am getting Error87: Parameter is incorrect when I manually try to start the service. Please help.

Thanks,
Tushar

Question Info

Last updated July 16, 2019 Views 8,991 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

This error message appears when a required service isn't started on your computer. You won't be able to connect to a network, and you might not be able to install network adapters.

This problem can occur if some or all of the following services aren't started:

·        Plug and Play

·        Remote Access Auto Connection Manager

·        Remote Access Connection Manager

·        Telephony

To fix this problem, follow these steps for each of the services listed above:

1.      Open Administrative Tools by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type administrative tools, and then click Administrative Tools.‍ If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.      Double-click Services. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3.      Right-click one of the services listed above, and then click Properties.

4.      Click the General tab, and then, next to Startup type, select Manual.

5.      Click Apply, and then click Start.

I would also suggest you to follow the link and check.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Disable antivirus software

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Disable-antivirus-software

Note: Do not forget to re-enable the security software once the troubleshooting is over.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.