Question

Q: Error 711: Cannot Load the Remote Access Connection Manager Service This thread is locked from future replies

I cannot browse in safe boot. Each time I run my pc in safe boot I got this Network Connection error. Error 711: Cannot Load the Remote Access Connection Manager Service. If I click the network icon this error message pop up. And I cannot browse. I browse in a dial up through a glo modem. But this cannot work in safe boot. Help me to me browse in a safe boot. My pc is Window 7 starter.

Original title : I CANNOT BROWSE IN A SAFE BOOT

Answer

A:

Sage,

You will not be able to access the Internet in safemode. You can use safemode for troubleshooting.

Try this.

Error 711: Cannot Load Remote Access Service Connection Manager

When trying to create a new network connection, one of the more commonly encountered errors is the Error 711. Error 711 is an error message that is displayed when the system fails to start one or more of the following required services:

• Plug and Play
  • Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
  • Remote Access Connection Manager
  • Telephony

As a direct result of this error, Windows 7 computer fails to establish a connection with the Internet, and also disallows the user to install any additional network adapter(s).

Fortunately though, fixing Error 711 in Windows 7 is easy and quick. This article describes three methods on how to fix Error 711 in Windows 7, and ensure a smooth connection to the Internet.

Manually enable the required services

1. Open the “Start” menu located at the bottom left and type “services.msc”.
  2. Right-click on “services” and then choose “Run as administrator”.
  3. Click “Yes” if prompted by the User Accounted Control dialog box and continue.
  4. Search and locate “Remote Access Auto Connection Manager”
  5. Right-click on “Remote Access Auto Connection Manager” and then click on “Properties”.
  6. Look for the General tab and select “Manual” from the Startup type drop-down menu.
  7. Click on “Apply” to save and apply your changes.
  8. Exit the Remote Access Auto Connection Manager by clicking on “OK”.
  9. Now, locate “Telephony” in the right pane of the “Services” window and right-click on it.
  10. Click on “Properties” to enter properties of Telephony.
  11. Under the General tab, select “Manual” as was done in Step 6, and then click “Apply” to save your changes
  12. Exit Telephony by clicking on “OK
  13.  Repeat Steps 4,5,6,7 & 8 for enabling “Plug and Play” and “Remote Access Connection Manager”.

Check and Correct your Network Settings

One of the most commonly found causes for Error 711 is incorrect network settings. Follow the steps below and make sure your settings are properly entered:

1. Open “Start” menu and click on “Control Panel”.
  2. Locate Network and Internet and click on Network Settings and Tasks found under it.
  3. Right-click on your Internet connection (e.g. Local Area Connection 1) and click on Properties
  4. Locate and click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click on Properties to enter its properties.
  5. Check your IP Address and make sure it is correctly entered. Note that your LAN IP Address always starts with 192.168.1.x. Contact your Internet Service Provider and ask for your IP Address.
  6. Click Close to close all boxes.

Delete a Specific Registry Key

Follow the exact steps mentioned below carefully, and delete the specific registry key:

1. Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
  2. Type Regedit to enter the windows registry editor.
  3. Browse to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP

1. Delete all sub-keys after entering into the above hive
  2. Close the registry editor
  3. Restart your Windows

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

11 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 3786 Last updated: February 19, 2018 Applies to: