Q: Error 711: Cannot load the Remote Access Connection Manager Service. This thread is locked from future replies

I am trying to connect using my existing VPN and I am getting the following error in Windows 7 Ultimate... 

Error 711: The operation could not finish because it could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager Service in time. Please try the operation again.

Called MS for first level support and tried restore point 4 days ago since it was working 3 days ago! It didn't help. 

Telephony service is running fine but when I try to start SSTP service I get "The Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

I really do appreciate if some one have a fix for this.

Hi JeganMCPD,

This error message appears when a required service isn't started on your computer. You won't be able to connect to a network, and you might not be able to install network adapters.

This problem can occur if some or all of the following services aren't started:

·        Plug and Play

·        Remote Access Auto Connection Manager

·        Remote Access Connection Manager

·        Telephony

To fix this problem, follow these steps for each of the services listed above:

1.      Open Administrative Tools by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type administrative tools, and then click Administrative Tools.‍ If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.      Double-click Services. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3.      Right-click one of the services listed above, and then click Properties.

4.      Click the General tab, and then, next to Startup type, select Manual.

5.      Click Apply, and then click Start.

For further information, visit the below mentioned link:

You may also refer the steps provided by diablo_xix in the below mentioned link.

Hope this information helped!

Thanks and regards,

Fouzan – Microsoft support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let 

us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

88 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 157,430 Last updated: March 19, 2018 Applies to: