Q: Error: 651 while establishing the Internet Connection

Original title: Windows 7 error 651

Hello....we just got an emachines PC with windows 7 and there is no way that we are able to establish an internet connection. We kepp getting error 651. We use Broadband ethernet connection ( no modeum). Is there a way to work around this, get it fixed or should I just return the PC?

Hi njneedshelp,

Windows 7 contains several troubleshooting programs that can automatically fix some common problems with your computer. One among them is Internet Connection troubleshooter. If you’ve a problem establishing Internet connection or if you’re not able to connect to the Internet using the existing connection, then the troubleshooter will diagnose and repair the problem.

Step 1: Use the Internet Connection troubleshooter

a.    Open the Internet Connections troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.

b.    In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Click View all, and then click Internet Connection troubleshooter.

Step 2: Try disabling your anti-virus software and then try to establish the connection

Note:Running the computer without firewall or the anti-virus software is a potential threat to the computer; make sure to enable the security software after completing the troubleshooting steps and after identifying the issue.

Step 3: Check your Internet Service Provider

I would ask you to check if your Internet Service Provider has any suggestions with this issue.

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

36 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 131,972 Last updated: March 23, 2018 Applies to: