error 1068 - Windows could not start the Peer Networking Grouping on Local Computer.

error 1068 - Windows could not start the Peer Networking Grouping on Local Computer. ALSO, Windows could not start the Peer Name Resolution Protocol Service on Local Computer. Peer Networking Identity Manager IS started. All three are set to "automatic" startup. I have an HTPC and my main system, both running Windows 7 Premium 64 bit. The HTPC has all three "Peer" services started but my main PC can only start two of the three services. I have checked and both failed services are logged on to "Local Service"--just as in the HTPC. Both PC's are new builds with very little installed as far as programs are concerned. I have performed a SFC /SCANNOW on my main PC to see if any corrupt files were found--and none were found. So, I am not able to network the two PC's. Other than reinstalling my OS on my main PC, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? By the way, when I try to start the Peer Name Resolution Protocol Service I receive the error: 0x80630801: 0x80630801 . Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Question Info

Last updated August 12, 2018 Views 99,710 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Warpete,

Welcome to Microsoft answers.

As a work around you may try the following steps and check if that works fine:

Try deleting the file “idstore.sst” under the location: C:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking.

Refer the link for similar issue: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itpronetworking/thread/a85eaa65-d73a-4324-ad0c-e9a2c1469bd7

If the above steps do not work, then you may post the issue in TechNet Forums for further assistance from the below link:

Windows 7 TechNet forum - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd361745.aspx

Swathi B  - Microsoft Support.
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

95 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.