error 105: Unable to resolve the server's DNS address

error 105: Unable to resolve the server's DNS address - - Why does this mean and how do I resolve it?

I get this message typically once or twice a day, usually in the afternoon, when I try to go to the internet.  I can be using IE or Google Chrome - still get the message.  

Eighty-five percent of the time, I get connected just fine.  But when I get this message, I unplug the modem wire from the power strip, wait 10 second, plug it in and after another few minutes, I'm connected to the internet.  How do I resolve this regular error??

Question Info

Last updated September 26, 2019 Views 312,726 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Edit

Fixing DNS ERROR 105 in three steps.
1)Change Wireless adapter settings from network connections, go to  properties>internet protocol version 4>again properties> change to use following dns server.preferred dns to 208.67.222.222 and alternate dns as 208.67.222.220 and click validate setting on exit and ok.

2) if you are using windows7, disableMS WINDOWS VIRTUAL WIFI MINI PORT bu running  below 2 commands in" RUN" (windows key+r) shortcut. one after another.
1)   netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
  2)  netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow
and after running above commands close RUN and go to  network connections and DISABLE Microsoft virtual wifi miniport by right click and disable.

3)If you are using google chrome go to OPTIONS> UNDER THE BONNET>CHANGE PROXY SETTINGS>CONNECTIONS>LAN AREA SETTINGS> Tick use a proxy server for lan and click ok.
(if you are using some other browsers, check for similar option and change settings as above)

additional solutions
a) check for your anti virus firewall to minimum(if it is problem only)
b)reset modem(only for advanced users who can once again set up connection settings)
c)ping to router or a site to know the problem.

hope this helps to some one Sorry about my english. bye

54 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Have you contact your internet service provider (ISP) as DNS usually are ISP related. Have they reset their modem or router not just power cycle?

Have you try the following steps below

Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. Right click on it and 'Run as Administrator'. Type the following and hit enter: ipconfig /flushdns

Your Windows 7 question is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. It is better suited for the IT Pro audience on TechNet. Please post your question in the TechNet Windows 7 Networking forum.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/w7itpronetworking/threads

Hope this helps!

59 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.