DSL Failed to Connect (Message ID: NAD-3304)

Original title: Broadband Link -  Error

I've been receiving this NAD-3304 message quite frequently, and it has become bothersome.  It started a few months ago and I usually have to close out all windows, and then start over in order to  continue with my work.    Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

WARNING: DSL Failed to Connect (Message ID: NAD-3304)
<div class="mainwarningtopbox"> <div class="indented19"><div class="subtitle"></div>2701HG-B Gateway </div> </div>
Error
The 2Wire 2701HG-B gateway does not currently detect a DSL signal.

To restore your broadband connection, please refer to the diagram below and the step-by-step troubleshooting instructions that follow:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Do you remember making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

To troubleshoot a connection error, follow the steps listed below:

a)    Check that the phone cable is plugged into the phone line port on the back of the modem.

b)    Unplug the power cable from the back of the modem and check that all lights on the front turn off.

c)    Unplug the phone cable from the modem and plug it back in. Check that the cable is connected securely.

d)    Unplug the phone cable from the phone jack or filter and plug it back in. Check that the cable is connected securely.

e)    Unplug the filter from the phone jack and plug it back in.

Note: For MAX television service or for certain types of high speed installs, there will be no filter that can be unplugged.

f)    Plug the power cable back into the modem

g)    Wait 2 minutes for the modem to reboot and check the see if the DSL light turns solid.

h)    If the DSL light is still not solid, try one or more of the following:

◦Replace the phone cable. A damaged cable may be causing the problem.

◦Unplug the end of the phone cable that plugs into the modem and plug it into the wall. Plug the other end into the modem.

◦If you have extra DSL filters, replace the current filter.

◦Plug the modem directly into the phone jack without a filter.

i)     If modem has been recently moved, check that the phone jack has a DSL filter and plug into the previous phone jack. ◦If the DSL light turns solid, there may be an issue with the line.

◦ If the DSL light continues to flash, repeat step i with different phone jack.

j)     If the DSL light continues to flash after all steps above have been attempted, there may be an issue with the line or modem. Call the modem support

The Error message, "DSL Failed to connect," usually accompanied by a red Internet light on the modem, most likely means there is a problem with the programming on the line. Call your Internet Service Provider.

You may also refer the link Wired and wireless network connection problems in Windows for any additional information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/wired-and-wireless-network-connection-problems-in-windows

In addition, can you zip up the error message with the diagram via Windows Live SkyDrive or similar site?

The following link has information on using Windows Live SkyDrive: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2024 Views 37,388 Applies to: