Cisco vpn client minimized to taskbar and stays in status: disconnect

I used 5.0.07.0240 cisco client vpn for 1 mth with my windows 7 -64 bit pc. Worked fine for 1 mth. Suddenly today when I double click on the icon to start it up, VPN automatically minimizes down to the task bar with a status of Disconnected. It does not give you the option to hit connect or anything before it minimizes. I have not seen this before and made no changes..but now it just doesnt work. Any solutions??? Did windows just patch automatically breaking cisco?
Unfortunately, cisco does not provide world class technical service....called them up but no use.

Question Info

Last updated December 12, 2018 Views 100,505 Applies to:
Answer

No need to upgrade. The problem can be found in the file vpnclient.ini, probably located in the directory "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client".

There are probably som really high values in the logwindX and logwindowy values. Just delete these lines and start the client again.

/Jonas

Thanks Jonas

No high values in logwindX and logwindY but very high values in these lines:

WindowX=4294935296
WindowY=4294935296

When deleting them it solves my problem.  Thanks!!!!

96 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
I believe there is now a released version of the x64 client you should download.
If you suspect a Windows Update, why not try a system restore to a day it was
working correctly?

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 17:27:46 +0000, akshay2112 wrote:

>I used 5.0.07.0240 cisco client vpn for 1 mth with my windows 7 -64 bit pc. Worked fine for 1 mth. Suddenly today when I double click on the icon to start it up, VPN automatically minimizes down to the task bar with a status of Disconnected. It does not give you the option to hit connect or anything before it minimizes. I have not seen this before and made no changes..but now it just doesnt work. Any solutions??? Did windows just patch automatically breaking cisco? Unfortunately, cisco does not provide world class technical service....called them up but no use.

Barb Bowman www.digitalmediaphile.com
Barb
My Blog - http://digitalmediaphile.com/
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
Windows Insider MVP

51 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.