Cannot reconnect all network drives

I recently upgraded from Vista Pro to Win 7 Pro.  I have one drive letter mapped to another Vista Pro machine.  Since upgrading when I start/restart windows I get a message "Cannot reconnect all network drives".  I can click on this message, double click on my mapped drive with the red X, and all is fine until I restart again.  How do i get this to reconnect automatically again as it used to? I have already tried:
1. Mapping another drive letter.  same thing
2. Reloaded the old driver for the net card as Win 7 updated it with the newest.
3. Networking is on office setting, not homegroup, same as before.
4. This is a peer-to-peer network.  No changes have been made.  I have verified the workgroup id-ok.
5. I have tried turning network discovery off/back on.

Anybody know about this?
Thanks, Jerry

Question Info

Last updated September 3, 2019 Views 7,478 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I finally fixed it!  When i realized that this happened couple of years ago doing another upgrade I remembered how I took care of it then.  Power off the router and cable modem.  Somehow the router must be keeping track of network addresses or some such and got confused when a new OS took over one of the machines.  So I powered everything off, powered up the cable modem, then the router, then the computers.  Everything reconnected automatically just fine and has thru several days of computer restarts!!!!
Jerry

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.