Windows 7 support has ended

Get Windows 10 to continue receiving support.

Upgrade now

Can no longer access network drive with explorer in Windows 7 Pro

Up until about a week ago everything was working fine.  after a weekend of not using the computer I noticed that my Synology and WD  network drives were not showing under network in explorer.  I tried to enter the IP address in the address bar as \\10.0.1.36 and it says windows cannot access 
It is visible and accessible from my other computers.  It must be some setting that inadvertently got changed but I can't find it.  everything is in the same WORKGROUP. 

I can access the drive through the web browser and the drive software.

Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 122 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for choosing Windows and thanks for providing us an opportunity to assist you.

As per the description provided, you are having issues with accessing the Network Drive.

Method 1: Perform steps metioned below and see if it helps.

a: Click Start->Control Panel. Double-click Network and Sharing Center.
b: In the left pane, click "Change advanced sharing settings".
c: Make sure that "Network discovery" is  turned on.

Method 2: Temporarily disable the Windows Firewall and check.

Turn Windows Firewall on or off(Windows 7)

Warning: Firewall software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your firewall software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your firewall software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Reply to us if you face any issues with accessing the drive  or any other Windows Issue, and we would be glad to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Hope this information helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.