associate email program

i cannot respond to adds on craigslist.  the error msg i get says there is no email program associated.   i have att emai, 'sbcglobal.net'   how do i accociate this program to be able to respond.  i used to have windows xp, had no trouble responding.  now i have windows 7 and can't respond.  i am not a real savvy computor user and could not find the answer on the different help pages.  can anyone give me simple instructions on how to do this?   thank you very much, jp
Answer
Answer

jrp544

sbcglobal.net is a the web portal Internet email service provider used by AT&T/Yahoo it does notresides on your computer as an email client
and therefore is not associated as an email program on your computer. Windows 7 has an email client that can be associated as an email program
but, you would have to configure it to access you AT&T/Yahoo webmail portal. On Windows 7 look for Windows Live Mail it configures
just like the old Outlook Express did. If you use it, it will download all your AT&T/Yahoo emails and contacts to you computer.

Two points:

Windows Live Mail is not a part of Windows 7 and if it is on the computer, it's only there if the vendor bundled it with Win 7.

Also, if it's a U.S. or CA, Yahoo account and you're not subscribed to Yahoo Mail Plus, then you can't access the account in WLMail.

Setup your Yahoo! Mail email account in Windows Live Mail
http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/windowsLiveMail/setupEmailAccounts/setupYahooMailAccount.htm

Yahoo! Mail Plus
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Oct. 1, 2004 ~ Sept. 30, 2010
Imperial Beach, CA
===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
☞ Avoid a post. Backup your data. ☜

Bruce Hagen
MVP: 2004 ~ 2010
2014 ~ Present
Imperial Beach, CA

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 20, 2019 Views 3,440 Applies to: