"A router/access point channel conflict has been detected" error message

<Original Title: I'm getting an error message concerning the router/access point between the Epson wireless printer and my computer>

The network is working correctly but the message: "A router/access point channel conflict has been detected. ...improve your wireless network environment.

How do I do this? I have Windows 7 on a Compaq Presario desktop. Epson XP-310 wireless printer.

Question Info

Last updated June 20, 2019 Views 8,681 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello Juanita,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum.

As per the description, I understand that you get “A router/access point channel conflict has been detected, if you have problem printing and scanning, improve your wireless network environment” error message on your Compaq Presario desktop connected to wireless Epson XP-310.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. Does this error message also affect printing or scanning capability of your printer? Is printing speed also slow?
  2. Were there any significant software or hardware changes made prior to this issue?

Mostly this error message appears due to signal interference caused by other wireless networks being used in nearby rooms or buildings, and when this happen normally the printing or scanning speeds become slow than normal.

To improve the wireless network environment you may try the following steps and check:

Method 1:

1. Place the printer close to the access point.
  2. Remove any obstacles between the access point and the printer.

If that doesn’t help you may try changing the wireless router channel in router settings and see if that helps.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to change router channel (Note: Changing channel depends on router capability to change channel):

1. Click the Start, type cmd, cmd.exe will be shown above - right click on cmd.exe and select Run as administrator.
  2. Type “Ipconfig” (without Quots) and press Enter.
  3. Look for Default gateway and copy the numbers (which looks something like 192.XXX.XXX.XXX).
  4. Now open Internet Explorer and type those numbers in the address bar and press Enter.
  5. After that, you will be asked for a username and password. Your username and password may vary, check your router's manufacturer website to confirm the information.
  6. Upon entering your username and password, you will see a window that is much like a website. Look for "Wireless Settings" and click it. You will see a variety of channels you can choose from. After changing the settings according to your preference, save the changes.
  7. Check if the problem persists.

Hope this works. Please let us know the results, feel free to write us back for any further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,
Mann Manohar

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.