Question

Q: what type of mail system works with windows 7 ?>??__ This thread is locked from future replies

Hi guys,

I just upgraded to windows 7  a clean install over windows vista,  and I am already sorry !!! I was sorry when I upgraded from XP to Vista and same goes now  for this upgrade,   I believe the xp was best windows ever with all its security problem in mind....

saying that,   could someone tell me  How I could install a outlook express on windows SEven 7>>> ? is it possible or not,

to get the same mail that was on windows vista does it work on 7  ? if yes how do I do that ???

please help   before the migration I exported all my emails on a external HD , but dont know how  and where to import them to...

please help.....

thanks

tizpar...

Answer

A:

Hi tizpar,

It’s not possible to install Outlook Express in Windows 7. Outlook express is not a compatible program with Windows 7.

Additionally, Windows Mail isn’t included with Windows 7. However, you can install an email program from another company or Windows Live Mail—a free program that is part of Windows Live Essentials. Windows Live Mail works with most email accounts, and you can import your email, contacts, and calendar from Windows Mail into Windows Live Mail.

Refer:

Looking for Windows Mail?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/looking-for-windows-mail

You can download and install Windows Live Essentials to get Windows Live Mail.

Refer the following help article for more information on importing your e-mail, contacts, and calendar into Windows Live Mail:

Importing your e-mail, contacts, and calendar into Windows Live Mail

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/importing-your-e-mail-contacts-and-calendar-into-windows-live-mail

Hope this helps.

Gokul - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 791 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: