Windows 7 Mail=== trouble Sending E Mail

I installed windows 7 and windows mail. The problem is that I can get my mail but haven't been able to send any mail and the messages that are in my sent box were never sent out.
I am at a remote location and not on my home ISP network. It worked OK on my VISTA but after the upgrade  nothing can be sent out. I believe I have the correct information in my Server because it was working before Win7. Is there a number that I can call if I can't get a answer here? Thanks, my frustration level is now RED!

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 532 Applies to:
Answer
If you are at a remote location, one of two things must happen for you to be able to send mail:

1. Your ISP must provide a sending port other than port 25 for you to connect to.  Virtually ALL ISPs will block port 25 traffic (SMTP email sending) to remote networks:

Port 25 Blocking

2. If your ISP dows not provide such a port, you need to get an email account with a national provider like GMail and use their sending server.  GMail uses a port other than 25 and requires SSL so it can be used from any ISP.  I do this with one of my personal accounts, I receive from this ISP, but send through GMail.

Note that if your home ISP offers a webmail interface, you can use this from anywhere.

Hal
-- 
Hal Hostetler, CPBE
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
www.kvoa.com -- KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. 
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com
Hal Hostetler, CPBE
Broadcast Engineer/IT Pro
MVP-Outlook - WA7BGX
www.rolandschorr.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.