Error Code with WLM

Hi

I am getting this error code with windows live mail on my new netbook, but only on outgoing messages, I am recieving incoming fine. I have checked the settings for the outgoing mail SMPT server, and the other account settings. They are exactly the same as my other laptop. I have tried googling for the answer, but they just suggest a registry cleaner called reg edit (I'm a bit suspicious of this)

An unknown error has occurred.____Subject 'test1'__Server Error: 502__Server Response: 502 Command not implemented__Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'__Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC64__Protocol: SMTP__Port: 25__Secure(SSL): Yes

Please help.

I'm not very techy, so please use idiot proof language.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 645 Applies to:
Answer

Hi

I am getting this error code with windows live mail on my new netbook, but only on outgoing messages, I am recieving incoming fine. I have checked the settings for the outgoing mail SMPT server, and the other account settings. They are exactly the same as my other laptop. I have tried googling for the answer, but they just suggest a registry cleaner called reg edit (I'm a bit suspicious of this)

Please help.

I'm not very techy, so please use idiot proof language.

But I bet your other laptop hasn't got SSL checked in the server settings for SMTP.
If you find my response helpful, please click on the "Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you! My Blog

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.