Network printer

I have three computers running Windows 7, one is 64bit with the printer hooked up to it and  two 32bit wireless. Only one of the wireless computers will find and install the dirvers for the printer. The other wireless computer will see the printer but say's that there is no printer driver found on the network.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 682 Applies to:
Answer
Hi Jetpuck73,

First I would suggest you to run printer troubleshooter and check if isssue persists.

Follow the steps mention in the link to run printer troubleshooter.

If drivers are present on the computer then uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

If computer can't find the driver, then download driver onto flash drive and point print to the flash drive to install.
The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way a computer's processor (also called a CPU), handles information. The 64-bit version of Windows handles large amounts of random access memory (RAM) more effectively than a 32-bit system.
As of now I assume that the reason for the drivers not located for the printers can be because, you might not have installed the drivers for the version of Windows 7 you are running.
All hardware devices need 64-bit drivers to work on a 64-bit version of Windows. Drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows don't work on computers running 64-bit versions of Windows.

To learn how to check for drivers, see Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly or go to the device manufacturer's website. You can also get information about drivers by going to the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor webpage.
For more information on the 32 bit and 62 bit I would suggest you to access the link below.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/32-bit-and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions

You can also refer the link below for troubleshooting on network printers and see if it has any resolution.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-network-printer-problems
Thanks and Regards:
Shalini Surana - Microsoft Support.
Visit our  Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.