Window 7 installed on Macbook - does not detect any wireless network/connection AT ALL only on Windows OS system side.

Hi, I need help!  I have installed Windows 7 on my new macbook, so my macbook operate both on Apple MacOS and Windows OS.  However, my Windows OS side does not detect any wireless network at all.   When I switch back to Apple OS, there is no problem connecting to the internet and there is no connection problem at all.  But for some reason, my Windows 7 does not detect or show any available wireless network.  I use Linksys WRT-110, and I don't think it is my router problem because it works perfectly on Apple MacOS system.  Does anybody have any solution?  I am not very tech-savvy, i.e., I need step-by-step explanation as to how to tackle this.  Any help will be greatly appreciated! 

Question Info

Last updated September 27, 2018 Views 6,474 Applies to:
Answer

I don't use Macs, much as I want to, so take this for what it's worth.  I might be right on, or I might be way off.

I assume you're using Boot Camp to dual-boot MacOS and Windows?  It sounds like Windows 7 isn't recognizing the built-in wireless adapter (Airport Extreme?) properly.  This forum post over on CNet Forumshttp://forums.cnet.com/5208-21565_102-0.html?messageID=3178806#3178806 and its reply look like it ought to help.

Copy and extract the wireless driver from your MacOS DVD (Bootcamp) somewhere where Windows can see it, then go into the Device Manager.  (You can find it by entering "device manager" as the search term in the Start Menu's search bar.)  Uninstall the wireless network adapter, if Windows says you have one in either the Network Adapters category or Other Devices category, then click the "Scan for hardware changes" button in the toolbar.

When the new hardware wizard asks how you want to install the driver for the rediscovered wireless adapter, choose browse my computer for driver, then choose pick from a list, then choose "Have disk," then open the location you extracted the wireless driver to.  If Windows doesn't ask before trying to install a driver, then you should be able to open the device in Device Manager, go to the Driver tab, and use the "Update Driver" button.

Proceeding from there should, in theory, install the right driver Windows needs to use your MacBook's wireless adapter, then letting you use your wireless network.

Windows Genuine Advantage disadvantaged my genuine Windows. Posted from genuine Ubuntu.
Windows Genuine Advantage disadvantaged my genuine Windows. Posted from genuine Unix.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.