Cannot download or connect to any website

I'm at work and I just connected a computer to the internet and I installed all of the new updates it also downloaded and installed internet explorer 7. So after I did that I got on the internet to download internet explorer 8 but every time I tried to download it nothing would show up, I also tried to download firefox but that didn't download either. Also I can't log in to anything on the computer I had to switch computers to log in on this website to ask this question. Every time I try to log into any website it says I have connection problem.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 364 Applies to:
Answer

Hi lime93,

1.      What is the Operating System installed on your computer?

2.      What happens when you try to access internet or download files? Do you get any error message?

3.      Is your other computer on the same network?

From what I understand is that you are unable to connect to any website, basically you are unable to go online. I also understand that you were able to connect to the internet initially as you downloaded updates.

There could be various reasons for this to happen. You may refer the below mentioned articles and check if they are helpful. Installation of these updates may possibly be one of the reasons. But first let`s check with these articles.

For Windows XP:How to troubleshoot possible causes of Internet connection problems in Windows XP

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet Explorer

You may also refer:Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Check to see if it works.

Regards,
Syed N – Microsoft Support
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.