Question

Q: windows 7 home with file sharing

I need yur help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have windows 7 Home and i want to access file sharing on server.

Server

- not AD

- Creat folder and set share permmission for user in server

After I  map network drive from windows7 home to server --- > example 10.0.0.100\share (everyone not full control)

in folder share have set folder permission for some user only.

select map drive with different user account and it keep ask user and password ?????

I make sure that I type User: SERVERNAME\USER , Pass:password

user : 10.0.0.100\user

pass : password

Answer

A:

Hi brownygal,

a) What is the error message you get when you type in your user name and password?

b) What is the Operating System of the server?

If it’s windows 7, you could disable password protected sharing to get access to the files.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-file-and-printer-sharing

Password protected sharing is on by default for computers on workgroups. When password protected sharing is enabled, people using other computers on your network can't access your shared folders or printers unless they have a user account on your computer. There are two ways to enable file or printer sharing:

•         Create identical user accounts on all computers on the workgroup (recommended). For more information, see Create a user account .
•         Turn off password protected sharing. To turn off password protected sharing, follow these steps:

1.       Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button , clickingControl Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Network and Sharing Center.

2.       Under Sharing and Discovery, click the arrow button  next to Password protected sharing.

3.       Click Turn off password protected sharing, and then click Apply.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 590 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: