Online help and support not working

When I run help & support off the start menu & type a search term & run a search it only finds the installed search results. It can't find the online ones. All I get is this message:-

You're not connected to online Help, which shows you our latest content. Check your Internet connection, and then try to connect to online Help again. If you still see this message, the online Help service might be temporarily unavailable.

I have ticked the online help tick box & of course I am connected to the internet which is how I am sending this.  I have disabled Windows firewall & Norton with no result. I have also ran sfc. This has been for a while now so is more than "temporary unavailable". I cannot think of anything else that is preventing this.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 1,591 Applies to:
Answer
I have had the same problem accessing help and support on my win 7 64-bit hp laptop. Strangely, I am able to access the help files once I press "Read the privacy statment online" located under options/settings. I am redirected to the privacy statment, and then I find that the help files are available.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.