Question

Q: File Sharing Network Issues.

I have three computers running on my network.  2 Computer have windows 7 ultimate 64bit and 1 has windows vista ultimate 32bit.  One of the computers is wireless (windows 7) the other 2 are wired. When i first turn on my wireless computer i have full internet and file sharing connections.  I continue to have full connections until about about a half hour or until i lock that computer.  Then when i start to use that computer again i have internet connections but my file sharing connections are messed up.  I only can share files with the windows vista computer.  When i try to access and share files with the other windows 7 computer it says windows cannot access.  I try and  click diagnose but it cannot find anything wrong with it.  Can anyone help me find out what is wrong with this?  The only other way i can start to share files with both computers is to either restart my computer or go into computer management disable and then re enable my network card (That seems to work most of the time).  My router and wireless card are only about a year and a half old.  It is a Linksys speed booster brand.  WRT54GS I think.  HELP!!!!

Answer

A:

Hello Jordam,

Thanks for posting back with that information. It sounds like the issue may be related to firmware with your router and drivers with your Windows 7 PC. I suggest visiting the manufacturer’s website for both your router and PC to update the firmware for your router and the network drivers for your Windows 7 PC.

If this does not solve the problem, try running a Clean Boot and see if the problem persists. This would help us to rule out any firewall issues.

Please let me know if this helps J

Adam
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
My CPU is a neural net processor, a learning computer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 741 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: