Not receiving all of my email__

Since buying a new computer with Windows 7 I am not receiving all of my email.  Some gets through, but others don't.  I have tried calling my server who put me on the phone with their technical support.  Tec Support took control of my computer and made changes he thought would fix the problem, but it hasn't. I'm still hearing from people that they sent me email I never received.  I have tried the Windows live mail and also incredimail, but it doesn't seem to matter which email client I use the problem remains.

I have been giving everyone my yahoo email address as that seems to be the only place I can receive ALL of my email.  I would much prefer to use an email client that is on my computer rather than web-based email. Can you help?

Question Info

Last updated October 18, 2018 Views 2,284 Applies to:
Answer

You need to work out if the problem lies with your PC or with your ISP. This is quite simple. Here is how it's done.

1. Do not launch WLM or Incredimail for a week. This is important! .
2. Find out how to use the webmail interface that your ISP provides.
3. Use this webmail interface exclusively for several days.
4. Ask those of your friends whose messages you did not receive to resend them.

If after a week you have not received some messages then the problem is between the senders and your ISP. If you have received all messages then do this:
5. Count the number of messages in the inbox of your webmail.
6. Launch WLM.
7. Let it download all these messages.
8. When the dust has settled, count them. Are any missing?
9. If yes, check what rules you have set in WLM.

If this response resolves your problem, please click "Propose as answer" so that the thread can be closed. Thanks.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.