Windows update Yi Ruan Bluetooth HID Device driver update has broken Bluetooth on my PC

Windows update Yi Ruan Bluetooth HID Device driver update has broken Bluetooth on my PC.

Every time I try to pair my mouse or keyboard with the PC they appear, pair (though don't work) and then promptly vanish again.  They work and pair with the hub during post and before login (ie, I can use the keyboard to type in my password) but once windows desktop appears they cease to work.

Windows 7 64 PRO
Logitech Dinovo Media keyboard + MX 900 mouse
Answer
Answer
This finally fixed it for me: Device Manager - Open System Devices, you will find a Bluetooth HID Device. Double Click it, open Driver tab and click "Update Driver" Select Browse my Computer, then "Let me Pick". It should now show TWO compatible drivers with exactly the same name. One of them is the Microsoft one, one is the non-working Chinese ****. Install one of them and see if the driver properties changed to the right (Microsoft) driver. If not, try again with the other one. For me, the Microsoft driver was the first one in the list, but this may be different for you. Wow, an annoying and intense hour of trouble shooting finally over...

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Folks,

I just spent six hours working to resolve this so I could get my wiimote working with my PC again.  Here is what I finally came up with.  I hope it helps someone.  My situation may be a bit worse than some of you as the wiimote has to re-pair with the PC every time the PC boots.

I deleted the YRT inf and driver files and then updated my system to search my local system first when adding a device and the windows update.  As long as you still have your original info and driver files for your device or have the old MS default ones you should be back in business.

One thing to remember is that if you add a device to your system and have an older driver on the system you will get that driver rather than a "new" copy if one exists on Windows Update.

1. Go to c:\windows\inf and find the inf file that is for the YRT driver.  On my system it was oem56.inf.

2. Go into your bluetooth devices and remove any devices that are using the YRT driver.

3. Start a console window as administrator.  There are a number of ways to do this.  I have a console icon on my desktop so I just right mouse click over it and select run as administrator.

4. In the console window enter the following command: "pnputil -d oem56.inf" substituting the file you found in step 1.  This should delete the YRT inf file and the driver out of the driver store.  If it doesn't add an -f to the command to force the delete: "pnputil -f -d oem56.inf".

5. Once the inf and driver have been deleted go enter: "gpedit.msc" in the console window.  Select "Computer Configuration" -> "Administrative Templates" -> "System" -> "Device Installation" adjust the last policy "Specify search order for device driver source location" to "Search Windows Update Last".

Hope this helps,

digitalhack
Rockville, MD

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 14, 2021 Views 16,592 Applies to: