Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device

I keep getting this error for a specialized device that uses an integrated usb/nic connection.  This is with windows 7 home premium.  Now I know the source of the driver.  It is the latest driver and is labeled for use with Vista.  I need to override this security check so I can use this equipment.  It is integral with me making a living. There is likely absolutrly nothing wrong with the driver.  I have downloaded from multiple sites with no change.  This equipment worked well under Vista.

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)
Answer
Answer
I found the answer through searching other sites, it's probably here somewhere as well.  Reboot the computer.  Press 'F8' during restart.  Select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement from the boot menu.  This fixed the driver issue in my case.

183 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 27, 2021 Views 100,295 Applies to: