• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

Windows 7 wireless error - "Windows wireless service is not running on this computer"

Jlgreen93 asked on

I recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 and have been happily using the computer and connecting to wireless networks. Shut down last night and when I turned the computer on this morning I noticed it wasn't connecting to my home wireless network. Thought my network might have a problem so rebooted my router, but everything is working and my other computer is connected. Had Windows "diagnose" the problem, and got the error message that "window wireless service is not running on this computer". Tried to fix the problem, but couldn't be fixed. Now have no idea what to do. Plugged into my router with a cable, but wireless seems completely dead. Any suggestions?

Thanks

88 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
JoelbX replied on

TO enable the wireless service: Click Start, type services.msc, and press Enter. Scroll down to "wireless zero configuration" and right click on it and select Properties. Set it to Automatic and not Diaslbed, and press the Start button, then click OK. That should start the service.   My"> favorite threads | Computer tips       Contact me | 'Gadget' programs              (Join my Folding@home team! )
3 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress