My Start Menu Power Button is missing the 'Shut down' and 'Sleep' options. All it displays is 'Lock', 'Log off' and 'Switch user' (greyed out). I have searched for the Internet for solutions and tried *everything* recommended to get it back including:
- right-clicking the Power Button and changing properties
- changing options in Control Panel Power application
- editing Registry setting for Start Menu Power Button
- using Group Editor to change option for Start Menu Power Button
- checked all my system files for being ok
I've been smart about doing these things and have always returned settings to default afterwards.
-the Power Button on the main Windows Login screen *does* have these options
-when using Control Panel Power App., I'm not even given the option of changing the Start Menu Power Button
I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit, Professional on an Phenom II, X4 4 GB system.
HELP!! I'm a first time poster and am completely stumped.