Windows 7 Pro computer cannot print to networked printers that work fine with other computers running XP.

Two printers connect to our network via a print server (Troy-2951, ExtenbdNet 100d) and have worked flawlessly with three notebooks running XP. A new computer, running Windows 7 Pro, cannot print. I've downloaded and installed the printer drivers Windows 7 needs, and the two printers work fine when connected directly to the computer via a USB port. The server's IP address is fixed. Windows Firewall has been disabled, since I'm using Norton 360 on all computers. The Windows 7 computer pings the server without problems. When trying to print from the Windows 7 computer, nothing happens. Documents stay in the queue. I have no trouble deleting them. There are no error messages. HELP!!
Answer
Answer
If you have the printer setup using a Standard TCP/IP Port, disable SNMP in the port config.  If Troy has a special print monitor you will need to ask Troy. 
Alan Morris Windows Printing Team; Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here: http://support.microsoft.com/search/Default.aspx?adv=1
Formerly with Windows print team

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 1, 2020 Views 11,913 Applies to: