Windows 7 - Nvidia Geforce Go 7400

Hello.

I recently upgraded my Sony Vaio LA1 desktop PC to Windows 7 32bit from Windows XP 32bit. Everything seemed to go to plan, except that my Nvidia GeForce GO 7400 graphics card is not being recognised. Windows is instead displaying a 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' that will not let my computer display in its native 16:9 resolution, instead forcing it to display a stretched 4:3

I fully expected my computer not to run Aero following the upgrade, but for the drivers for my graphics card not to work at all is extremely annoying.

I have tried downloading the drivers direct from Nvidia, but when I try to install them, the installer simply says that it cannot find the Nvidia card and cancels.

Sony is no use at all.

Please help. I am a designer, so to not be able to see things in the correct resolution is going to severely affect my work!

Ben

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2019 Views 18,499 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
If Sony has customised the graphics hardware only Sony can provide the drivers needed.

You can try http://laptopvideo2go.com/ and see if the drivers there with the modified inf file will work.

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.