Windows 7 IRQ Conflict Not Detected By Windows but still comprimises system! HELP!!!

I have had 2 issues where Windows vista and now Windows 7 did not detect an IRQ conflict where there was one. First, with Vista it was with the Intel USB drivers on IRQ 16 conflicting with my sound card, also on 16. Vista showed no conflict but there was very loud, constant popping and crackling until I changed the sound card to IRQ 17 and the audio is perfect now. Vista allowed the change, but now in Windows 7 the "use automatic settings" is greyed out and cannot be un-ticked.

My new problem is with my Nvidia video card conflict. I have an Nvidia quadro FX 4500 assigned on IRQ 16 which was working perfectly for rendering Maya scenes into still images in Vista (Maya is a 3d modelling and animation program like Google sketchup on steroids which outputs still frames for animations). Now, after I upgraded to Windows 7, Maya crashes constantly on renders, like every 2 out of 4 render attempts.

The conflict is clearly with the IRQ assignment. I have all the latest drivers from Nvidia (the most recent being Feb. 9 2010) and the most up to date Maya software upgrades. The problem is, I need to change the Nvidia cards IRQ, because I have detected that the Intel USB drivers sharing IRQ 16 are to blame for crashing the video card GPU at seemingly random occurences (likely due to Intel chipset and USB requests).

I have contacted both Nvidia and Autodesk, who makes Maya. They have exhausted their resources for windows 7 and offer no more help other than "CONTACT MICROSOFT". I cant change IRQ manually from device manager b/c its greyed out and Windows doesnt detect any conflict!

So I am trying my luck with the source of the problem. I am at my wits end, and am shocked microsoft has removed the IRQ manual settings options. So many resources are piled on top of each other and could easily be set for less conflict. Despite what microsoft and windows says about conflicting IRQ detection, ie. if it doesnt detect it, there is no conflict, its B.S., as I found with my sound card issues.

Here is system info:

Windows 7 Ultimate
Nvidia Quadro FX 4500 graphics card
64 bit, 2.33 mhz, 8gb ram 

Anything else, please ask I will provide. TIA,
Tony
|
Answer
Answer

Hi tony-man1,

I would suggest you to change the IRQ settings from BIOS and check if the issue is fixed.

BIOS DISCLAIMER

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information helped!

Thanks and regards,

Fouzan – Microsoft support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum 

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-%20US/answersfeedback/threads and let 

us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 17, 2021 Views 33,617 Applies to: