From further research I was advised to edit the install path on download to c:\progra~2\Belkin rather than c:\programfiles (x86) as it prompted. This was doen and the peripheral swith is now fully functional. You may want to keep this information for any
future reference. I did also contact Belkin before I found this out and they told me it was not compatible with windows7 too!
BELKIN have no Windows 7 supported drivers for BELKIN F1U201/401
I would suggest you to download the Windows XP driver and install it in Windows compatibility mode and check how it works.
Follow the steps mentioned below to install in compatibility mode:
a.Right click on the setup file of the driver, click Properties, click Compatibility tab.
b.Under compatibility mode, make a check mark next to “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” and select “Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or Service Pack 3)” from the drop down list. Click Apply and then
c.Under “Privilege level”, click “Run this program as an administrator”, click apply and then click ok.
d.Install the software successfully and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
e.Launch the software and check for its functionality.
You can download the driver from the following link.