Question

Q: What is Error -1603 Fatal error during installation???? This thread is locked from future replies

Error -1603 Fatal error during installation 

Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information

That is what I got when trying to install the driver for my (Sony Eye Toy Namati  SLEH 0031)  Before having to reinstall windows I had it working fine but then when i did reinstall windows it no longer worked can anyone help me please.

Answer

A:

Arthur Xie has a good suggestion from the Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation thread at the TechNet Windows 7 IT Pro forums:

"Please open services.msc from Start Search box. Verify if the service Windows Installer is started. If not please manually start the service and change the Startup type to be “Manual”.

If the service cannot be started properly, please try to repair it. Please refer:

"The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" error message when you install a program in Windows XP

The steps are also applied to Windows 7."

If the above suggestions do not help, considering the age and inactivity of this thread, I would recommend creating a new thread to help bring attention to your particular issue.

Be sure to include all necessary information that will help with diagnosing your particular issue, including but not limited to: PC make & model, PC specifications, OS type, a description of what led to the problem you are facing, what steps you have taken in trying to resolve the issue, etc. .  The more specific and detailed you can be, the better it will help with providing you valuable suggestions for troubleshooting your conundrum.

I am going ahead and locking this thread.  Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 8098 Last updated: February 17, 2018 Applies to: