VERY Odd 0210 Stuck Key error

System:
Laptop - Fujitsu LifeBook N6420 / 2GB Ram / 120GB HDD
 Clean Full Install Windows 7 Ent

Problem:
The dash (-) key is stuck and causes an incessant beeping as if it is being held down. On boot I get an "0210: Stuck Key / Press<F1>to resume, <F2> to Setup"

Attempted Solutions:
I have two of these laptops so I swapped keyboards and am still having this problem. With NO keyboard attached to the system AT ALL, this issue still persists.

I am unable to disable the keyboard through Device Manager because i am unable to logon. I was able to login, however through control panel, I am unable to click any options because the constant key input causes the Win 7 search feature to accept the constant "---------" entry into the Search fields of almost all of the windows I attempt to access and i am unable to select ANYTHING.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Just to be clear: THIS IS NOT A HARDWARE ISSUE. It is absolutely verified as a software problem... Thanks for the help in advance!

J
|
Answer
Answer

Hi Jxn7,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers!

From what you say, this does not seem to be an issue with the Operating System. This is something to do with the BIOS setting. You may boot to the BIOS and set it back to factory setting and check if the issue persists. To enter BIOS press F2 key as you restart the computer. Once you boot into the BIOS reset to factory settings.

Note: Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful.

Amrita M

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 7, 2021 Views 5,565 Applies to: