Unable to locate Windows 7 compatible driver for Adaptec AIC-7892 Ultra160 Scsi Card during Windows 7 setup

I am trying to perform a clean install of Windows 7 Professional on a Dell Precision 530 MT workstation.  According to windows 7 upgrade advisor the hardware is compatible.  This machine has 2 SCSI hard drives connected to a AIC-7892 Ultra160 controller card. 

After booting from the installation DVD and clicking on'Install Windows Now' the scsi drives are not detected and I get the 'load driver' option.  After researching the correct driver  (ADPU160M.inf) I copied the driver files to a UFD and Windows 7 setup recognized the INF file for the aic-7892 ultra160 scsi controller, however after clicking on next I receive an error that the driver file provided needs to be updated before installation can proceed, after clickng OK windows 7 restarts. 

I believe I have the most up-to date device driver available. This product appears to be obsolote on Adaptec's website so not sure if will work with Windows 7.

I even booted into Windows PE and attempted to run the drvload command to install the device driver prior to running Windows 7 setup.  I receive an error that drvload is unable to install driver error code 0x800700002.

Any direction you can provide would be mostly appreciated.

Kevin

Question Info

Last updated December 6, 2018 Views 1,866 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi - Try to download/install the Adaptec 29160n driver (windows 7 version).  It is available on Adaptec's site.  It worked for me.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi kevcstoney,

I see that the issue is occurring during the installation and it is not accepting the drivers for SCSI controllers, I suggest you to contact DELL and check if there is any workaround for this issue.

Visit:

http://support.dell.com/

Thanks and Regards:
I. Suuresh Kumar - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.