Tracking issues with Wireless Mouse 5000 bought with Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000...

Just purchased a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse (Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000). For some reason the mouse is acting up and doesn't track properly. What seems to be happening after a few minutes of use the tracking becomes unstable and it feels like the cursor pointer is delayed and starts jumping around the screen. It is even more evident when I start to try dragging windows around the desktop and if I drag too quickly it starts to "hiccup" (the best I can describe it) and looks to be missing a few frames per second as I am dragging it along the desktop. I've noticed within games, especially FPS, that the quick turns cause the mouse to lose track and one second I am facing forward and the next second I am facing backwards, with no apparent transitioning in between. I have tried disabling the precision tracking, but to no avail....Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated...

I am using Windows 7 Professional and do not have problems like this with the 8 year old Logitech wireless mouse this keyboard is replacing.

|
Answer
Answer
I know this is an old thread but I can see nowear where the issue has been resolved.  I have a cordless Logitech Mouse on my laptop and a corded on my desktop, both had the same problem. The issue was resolved for me by simply using a mouse pad, no problems since! This answer may be in there somewhere but I have not come across it even from Microsoft (surprise). Incidently my mouse pad is often a sheet of A4 paper on a clip board. If any one actually reads this please let me know if it was any help.

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 6, 2021 Views 17,983 Applies to: