There is a problem with the driver for Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter. The driver needs to be reinstalled.

I have a notice that I need to troubleshoot for my computer.  The message says:  there is a problem with the driver for Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter. The driver needs to be installed.  One of the options is to reinstall the driver.  I tried that, but it was not successful.  What is this adapter, and how do I fix it so the error message goes away?
There is a problem with the driver for Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter. The driver needs to be reinstalled.
Device information
Name: Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
ID: ROOT\*TEREDO\0000
Error code: 10
Reinstall device driver
Completed
There is a problem with the driver for Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter. Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem.
Problem with PnP devices
Detected
There are problems with some PnP devices. Windows will take additional steps to further troubleshoot these devices.

Answer
Answer
This is a known problem if Zone alarm is installed.  If you have it installed remove it at least to check
To turn off Teredo tunneling interface 6to4 open an elevated command prompt and type
netsh interface terredo set state disabled.
To Re-install it
  1. Click on Start.
  2. Type Device Manager in search box and open it.
  3. Click the Action tab at the top and click add legacy hardware
    then click next and next again it will then scan and find nothing click next on the screen after that.
    Wait a minute and you will see a list of hardware appear, scroll down and choose network adapters then click next, then from the left column choose Microsoft then in the right hand column scroll down and choose Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, then click next and this will install it.
    To check just make sure it is set to show hidden devices, right click on device manager on the right and click view then show hidden devices.
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 13, 2023 Views 1,316 Applies to: