the device has been disconnected or is unavailable,I am getting this error when connecting a data card through USB

the device has been disconnected or is unavailable,I am getting this error when connecting a data card through USB,and windows 7 is not detecting it as a modem,Please help me to resolve this issue.

Question Info

Last updated January 28, 2019 Views 17,176 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

a)   Was this working before?

b)   What is the status of this device in device manager?

c)    Is the Windows detecting other USB devices?

Step 1: Run the Fix it from “Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows”http://support.microsoft.com/gp/hardware_device_problems

Step 2: Remove and then reinstall the drivers for the device, follow these steps:

a)   Disconnect the device from the computer.

b)   Turn off the power for the device, if the device has a separate power supply.

c)    Open Device Manager. To do this, use one of the following methods:

d)   Click Start, type device in the Start Search box, and then click Device Manager in the Programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

e)   Right click on device and select uninstall.

Note: If your device is not listed, this means that the device was removed automatically when you disconnected the device. Go to the next step.

f)    Restart the computer.

g)   First, turn on the device, if you have to, and then plug the device into the computer. Your computer detects the device and then reinstalls the drivers for the device.

Refer to :http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Diana

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.