Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 = no server access

Have any owners of the Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 suddenly been unable to access the relevant servers?  All was well up to last weekend (5 December 2020) when suddenly the information areas all came up with dashes and the message "Cannot connect to server" message would appear when I tried to perform the "Update Forecast" process.   The rest of the display unit is working well, as is the software.

This is on a Windows 7 machine that has been running it for awhile.  I tried installing the s/w on a W10 machine and all went well.  Plugged in the sending unit, pressed the "Update Forecast" button and same not-found message.

This appears strangely like what happened a number of years earlier.  It took a number of weeks before the servers again became accessible.  There were a number of posts listing server/Sharper Image info (not sure if they were FORECA servers or not) but I don't see them.  Out of curiosity, does anyone know anything about the servers and their address(es)?  I don't see anywhere do  As a start, does anyone have any info on the servers (e.g., their specific address names)?

I really like this product and don't want to toss it.

Lemme know what you know, or at least your current experiences.

Answer
Answer

Apparently, the company that provided the weather data for this device (Foreca) is no longer doing so.  See the thread here:  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharper-image-weather-station-ec-ws115-not/ec09b713-214a-4d9f-bd3c-c8ccc648f5db?page=1

My guess is that you're out of luck, although it's possible that Sharper Image will negotiate a contract with some other weather data provider.

-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 5, 2024 Views 128 Applies to: