Q: SD card no longer recognized This thread is locked from future replies

I have an 8gb PNY SDHC card that I use to transfer pictures between my Canon DSLR and my Dell XPS m1530 laptop, which runs Win 7 Pro. I take pictures with the camera, pull out the card, pop it into my laptop's built-in card reader, and download the images. The card/camera/laptop setup has worked great for me over the past few months. 

Long story short, I took some pictures with the camera this morning and tried to get my desktop computer (running windows xp media center) to read the card with it's own built-in reader. Nothing. The card doesn't even get recognized and whenever I click on the correct drive in 'My computer' the window freezes. So I try putting it in a USB card reader...and it worked! But as soon as I tried to get the card to read on my windows 7 laptop, it stopped working completely. Now it won't read on either computer, or the camera. It's as if I'm not plugging in anything at all! I've tried restarting both machines, but it's no use. I can't even format it from my camera. I'm at a total loss here.

I've got more than 400 images on the card that I really want to save here...can anyone help me?

Thanks for the help. After a lot of frustration, I was able to determine that the card itself was the problem. The RAM had physical damage and that's why none of my machines could read it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 5,366 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: