Resolution problems with windows 7

hey MS etc... I have a problem. I had my resolution set to native 1680.1050 on my viewsonic vx2235wm for about a year. I run a geforce 8800GT 512mb and I have never had a problem with this in the past.

A few days ago when I tried booting windows it would show bios screen. windows loading screen but as soon as it got to the welcome screen my monitor was displaying no signal.

I reinstalled all drivers thru safe mode and still received the same problem. I can run 1280x1024 resolution fine but as soon as I change to 1680x1050 it displays no signal. I have posted on 100 forums and cannot seem to find  the solution. I even reinstalled my windows 7 and still had the problem with the standard microsoft drivers. I've tried beta drivers also from nvidia.com which were no success.

i'm literally begging now. PLEASE HELP ME
Answer
Answer
Hi dansexy1,

I went through a lot of third party sites and forums and it seems that the Windows 7 is not compatible with the 1680.1050 resolution.

The monitor manufacturer has not released drivers for windows 7 so wait for few more days until they release the respective driver for windows 7 or you can download driver that supports vista and install the driver under vista compatibility mode.

Hope this helps you.

You can download the driver from this link: http://www.viewsonic.com/support/downloads/drivers/?prod_name=VX2235wm 

Regards,

Bharath
Microsoft Support

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2018 Views 8,546 Applies to: