Been having random BSOD's with atikmdag.sys as the culprit. Have drivers updated to 10.4 and had no issues until recently. Is there anything that can be done? Dump file is attached at below link.
What is the exact error message or code that you get on the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)?
This might be happening as the latest version of the ATI driver is not stable yet. You met revert back to the older version and check if it works fine. You may later update to the latest version.
I would suggest you to uninstall the ATI drivers and all other software’s that related to ATI and then check if that helps.
To uninstall drivers
1. Click on Start menu, type in devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager.
2. The Device Manager will then display a list of installed devices in the right pane of the console.
3. Expand the category for Display Adapters.
4. Right-click the device and select Properties.
5. Select the Driver tab on the device's Properties dialog box.
6. Click the Uninstall Driver button.
A dialog box will pop up asking you to confirm ‘Uninstall’. Click OK to proceed.
Also remove the driver software’s
To uninstall related software from Programs and features follow the link given below.
Uninstall or change a program
Once you uninstalled the driver check if the computer works fine.
Hope this information is helpful.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.